N-Zilla

N-Zilla

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

...good things too...


 

As stressful as this whole ARD/IEP business has been, their have been lots of good things too.
Like this morning...N-Zilla stayed home from school today and while I checked my email he got a wire (from I don't know where) and pretended to go fishing.  He came up to me with his imaginary catch and asked me if I was hungry.  This is kinda of a amazing thing.  Spontaneous imagination isn't something that N-Zilla does much.  I cried the first time he pretend to take a picture with a plastic container.  Everything before that was trains, trains, train. 

AND...
Last week we missed the bus.  Meaning N-Zilla and I stayed up way to late and I hit the snooze button one to many times.   Before getting myself to work, I took Talulah to daycare, dropped off Crazy Horse at school, and was on my way to take N-Zilla to school  4 exits away.  We saw a stray dog when N-Zilla said, " Oh Mommy a puppy. He he he sad. He he he mom sad.  Puppy need look for him mommy and him daddy. He he he need 'em".   He was having a conversation with me about something.  And it was WONDERFUL!   Before that it has been very rare that he has any conversations with me about anything other then his likes.  This was the first time at 4 1/2 years old that N-Zilla talked to me about something that was happening.   It was unexpected.  I played it cool not wanting to embarrass him.  I just carried on with the conversation but inside I felt as if I was watching him walk across a stage getting an award or graduating.  That  was how much pride I felt for my little boy.  

AND...
A few weekends ago, I was folding laundry (again) and in the corner of my eye I saw N-Zlla walk into the restroom lift the toilet seat and go to the restroom.  By himself.  I heard the faucet turn off.  N-Zilla walked to me and this is how our conversation went:
N-Zilla: I boy
Me:     Yes, yes you are a boy  
N-Zilla: I bust da Gems
Me: You bust the jams?    
N-Zilla: NO! da gems da gems I bust da gems.
Me: Do you mean you washed your hands?
N-Zilla: Yes I bust da gems! (lifts hands )
Me: You washed your hand and washed off the germs?
N-Zilla: Yes!
Me: Oh! well, good job then.

This was huge!  He went to the bathroom by himself.  I usually have alarms on my phone to remind me that he needs to sit on the toilet.  He washed his hands by himself AND told me about it.  Another proud moment. 

So yeah...ARDS are stressful, having strict routines to follow stresses me out but lots of good things are happening too. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment