N-Zilla

N-Zilla

Monday, November 21, 2011

Part 2. My Loveable and Destructive son is not a spectrum test

Levels of N-Zilla


So here we are weeks later and I am barely getting to part 2 of the last post I had. 

Any who...  I think where I left off, I was going to tell you that I had to explain to the nurse that N-Zilla is on the spectrum.  That is where the testing began.

When listening to his heart she brought her forehead real close to his.  No...not real close. Touching.  As far as I know I don't "have anything", and I don't like people getting that close to me.

N-Zilla looked at me then at her.

"Oh no, he's fine.  He is not that much on the spectrum.  He let me go in his comfort zone".

What the hell.

Then she started to randomly clap.  I'm assuming to see if the sudden annoying noise will "set him off".

This made me upset.  What the hell difference does it make what part of the spectrum if any he is on?

N-Zilla isn't a walking test.  He isn't a poster child for spectrum.  I've spent the past year not doing things to "set him off", and working with him to go past his comfort zone.

It was not medically necessary to do these things.  It was just for comparison.  Her friend had a son that...and so on and so on.

What if these things had made him uncomfortable to the point of no return.  Then what?

It made me upset, sad, and angry.  I couldn't help my Lovable and Destructive son verbalize why his hand was close shut for 4 or more hours.  I couldn't verbalize for him that no matter if he had a eye growing out of his forehead he still wouldn't like a perfect strangers forehead to touch his.

He is a person.  Not a test.  He is not SPD.  He is not AS or ASD.  He is not maybe or what if.  He is not a Brat that needs to be spanked.  He is my little boy.  He is N-Zilla my Loveable and Destructive (non-test) Human Being.

No comments:

Post a Comment